Axel Springer has announced full year results for 2011.
- EBITDA rises 16.2 percent to EUR 593.4 million
- EBITDA margin improves to 18.6 percent
- Revenues grow by 10.1 percent
- Digital Media with significant increase in revenues and earnings
- Proposed dividend of EUR 1.70
Axel Springer achieved record results in 2011. Group EBITDA rose by 16.2% and total revenues improved by 10.1% over the previous year. This was due to significant growth of earnings and revenues in the Digital Media and Print International segments as well as the continued high profitability of the national print media. The Magazines National segment even posted a record EBITDA. The company grew both organically and through acquisitions. The EBITDA margin rose from 17.6% for the previous year to 18.6%. The results slightly exceeded Axel Springer’s earnings guidance, which was issued in March and later revised upward due to the anticipated revenue growth. The dividend is expected to increase to €1.70 per share (PY: €1.60).
The 2011 annual report can be downloaded from www.axelspringer.de/fy11
- Ringier takes over Edipresse A.S. Romania Posted on September 13, 2011
- Axel Springer acquires majority interest in kaufDA Posted on March 3, 2011
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010