Axel Springer AG has acquired a 74.9 percent equity interest in online brochures and mobile couponing company, kaufDA.
Formed in 2009, the Berlin-based company offers retailers the ability to advertise their products and services in the mobile and stationary internet on a location-based service, making it possible for consumers to conveniently plan their shopping from home or away from home, using their mobile phones. Together with more than 80 partners and major internet companies like t-online.de and meinestadt.de, the kaufDA network reaches more than eleven million users in 12,000 German cities and towns.
Dr. Mathias Döpfner, CEO of Axel Springer AG: “We are pleased to have made this investment in kaufDA, as the most promising online marketing company for stationary retail sales. In the last two years, kaufDA has successfully established its innovative approach and business model in the market; and working together, we want to continue growing the company’s business on that basis. We are especially pleased that the company’s founders Christian Gaiser, Tim Marbach and Thomas Frieling will continue to manage the portal on a long-term basis as ‘entrepreneurs within the company.’”
Christian Gaiser, CEO of kaufDA – Juno Internet GmbH: “With its decades of expertise and success in traditional reach marketing, our new majority shareholder Axel Springer is unrivalled among media companies. It is also setting new standards in the digital business. That will create outstanding networking possibilities for kaufDA in the future. For that reason, Axel Springer was always our ‘dream investor.’”
kaufDA already counts more than 120 large corporations as its customers. It offers Internet users access to brochures, special offers and opening hours of approximately 200,000 German retail outlets. Currently, kaufDA reaches eleven million Internet users, including one million by way of mobile apps for the iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010