Ringier AG, Switzerland’s largest internationally operating media establishment, has acquired Edipresse A.S. Romania, a joint venture of the Swiss Edipresse publishing group and the German Axel Springer media establishment. Edipresse A.S. Romania is one of the biggest magazine publishers in Romania. Ringier thus adds to its existing activities in Romania, comprising all ELLE, AVANTAJE, LOOK!, PSYCHOLOGIES, ÎNTÂMPLARI ADEVARATE, POVESTEA MEA, LUCRU DE MÂNA, POVESTI DE VIATA und BABY, sowie die rumänischen Lizenzausgaben von VIVA! the teenage Popcorn magazine and the Custom Publishing Division.
Ringier has been active in Romania since 1992 and today, with its over 400 employees of the Ringier Romania S.R.L., is a leader in the international publishing segment of the country.Ringier Romania operates around a dozen print and online products, amongst which the leading tabloid paper «Libertatea».The Edipresse Romania activities will be integrated in the organization of Ringier Romania.
Florian Fels, CEO of Ringier Central Europe: «The purchase of Edipresse A.S. Romania is an important step for the successful future development of our associative Ringier Romania establishment. The newly gained and well developed portfolio ideally suits our existing magazines structure and further compliments this with strong titles».
Michel Preiswerk, CFO and COO Edipresse Group: «This change in shareholding will offer Edipresse A.S. Romania and its employees great new development opportunities and allow Edipresse to focus in its other markets and activities».
Ralph Büchi, President Axel Springer International: «Through the sale of our share, in future we shall concentrate even more strongly on our European core market as well as digital growth activities.We thank the management team, together with all Edipresse A.S. Romania employees, for the many years of trusted collaboration.»
The takeover of the Edipresse A.S. Romania through Ringier Romania S.R.L. remains subject to agreement on behalf of the Romanian competition authorities.
Switzerland, Zurich & Romania, Bucharest
- Axel Springer acquires majority interest in kaufDA Posted on March 3, 2011
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010