Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, the company founded by Axel Springer and global growth investor General Atlantic as part of a strategic partnership in Spring 2012, has acquired 80 % of the shares of the Belgian property portal Immoweb from members of the Rousseaux family and Produpress S.C.A. The purchase price comes to €127.5 million. Christophe Rousseaux, who will continue to manage Immoweb as CEO, and two other family members retain a 20 % share in the company.
Axel Springer’s online classifieds business is bundled into Axel Springer Digital Classifieds GmbH, with Axel Springer holding a 70 % share and General Atlantic holding a 30 % share in this company. Along with the European job portal StepStone Group and UK-based job portal Totaljobs, the French property portal SeLoger, the German property portal Immonet and the German city portal meinestadt.de also form part of Axel Springer Digital Classifieds.
Germany, Berlin & Belgium, Brussels
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds to acquire local portal meinestadt.de Posted on August 21, 2012
- Axel Springer achieves double-digit growth in revenues and earnings in 2011 Posted on March 7, 2012
- Ringier takes over Edipresse A.S. Romania Posted on September 13, 2011
- Axel Springer acquires majority interest in kaufDA Posted on March 3, 2011
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010