Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, the company founded by Axel Springer and global growth investor General Atlantic as part of a strategic partnership in Spring 2012, has acquired 80 % of the shares of the Belgian property portal Immoweb from members of the Rousseaux family and Produpress S.C.A. The purchase price comes to €127.5 million. Christophe Rousseaux, who will continue to manage Immoweb as CEO, and two other family members retain a 20 % share in the company.
IMMOWEB S.A. was founded in 1996 and operates the leading Belgian property portal. Every month more than 2.4 million unique visitors use Immoweb’s platform.
Axel Springer’s online classifieds business is bundled into Axel Springer Digital Classifieds GmbH, with Axel Springer holding a 70 % share and General Atlantic holding a 30 % share in this company. Along with the European job portal StepStone Group and UK-based job portal Totaljobs, the French property portal SeLoger, the German property portal Immonet and the German city portal meinestadt.de also form part of Axel Springer Digital Classifieds.
Germany, Berlin & Belgium, Brussels
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds to acquire local portal meinestadt.de Posted on August 21, 2012
- Axel Springer achieves double-digit growth in revenues and earnings in 2011 Posted on March 7, 2012
- Ringier takes over Edipresse A.S. Romania Posted on September 13, 2011
- Axel Springer acquires majority interest in kaufDA Posted on March 3, 2011
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.