Axel Springer is selling Gamigo AG to Samarion S.E., a strategic investor in online gaming with its headquarters in Düsseldorf. Gamigo, is one of the leading German publishers and operators of online games in the MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Games) segment.
Dr. Jens Müffelmann, Head of the Electronic Media Division at Axel Springer AG: “We would like to thank the management and the employees for the great effort with which they have continuously developed Gamigo’s business in recent years.”
Axel Springer has held a stake in Gamigo since 2000. Since 2009 Axel Springer has held 100 percent of the company, which mainly operates in Germany and France, but also in other international markets.
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds acquires majority of property portal Immoweb in Belgium Posted on November 16, 2012
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds to acquire local portal meinestadt.de Posted on August 21, 2012
- Axel Springer achieves double-digit growth in revenues and earnings in 2011 Posted on March 7, 2012
- Ringier takes over Edipresse A.S. Romania Posted on September 13, 2011
- Axel Springer acquires majority interest in kaufDA Posted on March 3, 2011
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.