Elsevier has acquired certain book assets of Gulf Publishing Company. The portfolio of 32 books includes petroleum engineering titles in drilling, pipeline, oil and gas, and safety.
The GPC titles are for professionals in upstream oil and gas engineering and cover drilling, recovery methods, reservoir management, processing, and pipeline transmission. They include the Gulf Drilling Series, which emphasizes current techniques and technologies in the drilling industry; handbooks in oil and natural gas engineering; books on enhanced and non-conventional recovery techniques, including the high interest area of hydraulic fracturing (fracking); and data handbooks useful as reference sources for researchers and applied engineers working with the physical and chemical properties of hydrocarbons.
“The acquisition of the Gulf titles expands Elsevier’s petroleum engineering offering, positioning Elsevier as the leading book publisher for the oil and gas industry,” said Suzanne BeDell, Managing Director, Science & Technology Books, Elsevier. “The titles are of high-quality and complement our existing energy and fuel list, which is a benefit for corporate and academic customers using our ScienceDirect platform.”
All of the GPC books will be available through the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect, a full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books. Many of the titles are also available on Knovel, a web-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools to deliver answers engineers can trust.
The Netherlands, Amsterdam & USA, Waltham, MA
- Reed Elsevier sells RBI France June 5, 2013
- Reed Elsevier reports growth in the 12 months to 31 December 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- Elsevier acquires Knovel, provider of web-based productivity application for the engineering community Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier acquires Aureus Sciences Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier Announces its Acquisition of the Journal of Choice Modelling Posted on December 17, 2012
- Penske Media Corporation acquires Variety from Reed Business Information Posted on October 9, 2012
- Reed Elsevier – results for the six months to 30 June 2012 Posted on July 30, 2012
- Reed Elsevier results for 2011 Posted on March 13, 2012
- Elsevier acquires The Ocular Surface Posted onJanuary 19, 2012
- Elsevier acquires QUOSA Posted on January 12, 2012
- Reed Elsevier to acquire Accuity Posted on September 28, 2011
- UK: RBI’s Variety Group to acquire TVtracker Posted on June 29, 2011
- Air Business acquires subscription and publishing services bureaux Quadrant Subscription Services from RBI Posted on June 1, 2011
- TechTarget completes acquisition of Computer Weekly from Reed Business Information Posted on April 29, 2011
- TechTarget to acquire Computer Weekly from Reed Business Information Posted on March 29, 2011
- Elsevier acquires oncology journal portfolio From Cancer Information Group Posted on February 4, 2011
- Martini Media Network raises $6 million led by Reed Elsevier Ventures Posted on June 14, 2010
- Mail.com acquires Boy Genius Report Posted on April 27, 2010
- EPPG acquires Reed Business Information GmbH Posted on April 20, 2010
- RBI-US sells Publishers Weekly to former publisher George Slowik Posted on April 6, 2010
- Sandow Media acquires Interior Design and Furniture Today from Reed Business Information-US Posted on March 19, 2010
- Reed Business Information-US sells School Library Journal and Library Journal to Media Source Posted on March 1, 2010
- Canon Communications acquires design engineering media properties from RBI-US Posted on February 16, 2010:
You must be logged in to post a comment.