Elsevier, the global publisher of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, has acquired the oncology portfolio of journals previously published by CIG Media Group LP., (operated as Cancer Information Group). The journals publish peer-reviewed, disease specific original research and review articles that disseminate cutting-edge data to physicians, medical researchers and health care professionals.
“These journals provide an excellent addition to Elsevier’s oncology portfolio and will further enhance the depth and quality of oncology content published by Elsevier,” said Glen P. Campbell, Executive Vice President, Global Medical Research, for Elsevier. “We look forward to working with the editorial teams and to leveraging Elsevier’s global resources and market-leading online platforms for the continued development and growth of the quality, international profile and visibility of these prestigious journals.”
The specific journal titles are: Clinical Breast Cancer, Clinical Lung Cancer, Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma & Leukemia, Clinical Colorectal Cancer, Clinical Ovarian Cancer, and Clinical Genitourinary Cancer.”Authors will benefit from the upcoming release of enhanced online manuscript submission and review systems for the journals, as well as the range of author support tools provided by Elsevier,” said Campbell.
USA, New York, NY
- Omnicom Group’s Diversified Agency Services acquires Excerpta Medica Posted on October 20, 2010
- Omnicom acquires Sales Power Posted on October 20, 2010
- Martini Media Network raises $6 million led by Reed Elsevier Ventures Posted on June 14, 2010
- EPPG acquires Reed Business Information GmbH Posted on April 20, 2010
- RBI-US sells Publishers Weekly to former publisher George Slowik Posted on April 6, 2010
- Sandow Media acquires Interior Design and Furniture Today from Reed Business Information-US Posted on March 19, 2010
- Reed Business Information-US sells School Library Journal and Library Journal to Media Source Posted on March 1, 2010
- Canon Communications acquires design engineering media properties from RBI-US Posted on February 16, 2010: Updated on March 1, 2010