Another RBI deal.
Both of the current managing directors, Hans-Jürgen Kuntze and André Weijde remain with the company. “Reed Business Information GmbH is a successful and well managed firm. We look forward to leading a growth-oriented strategy together with our new owner EPPG”, said Hans-Jürgen Kuntze, Managing Director of Reed Business Information GmbH.
- Expansion and international roll-out of the online portals
- Introduction of new online applications for architects and construction engineers
- Further strengthening of leading market positions in the segments architecture, recycling and digital production
- Strengthening of event and seminar business
The closing of the transaction is subject to the approval of the German Federal Cartel Authority (Bundeskartellamt).
Aprox. Value: Undisclosed
Recent RBI deals reported on Fusion DigiNet
- RBI-US sells Publishers Weekly to former publisher George Slowik Posted on April 6, 2010
- Sandow Media acquires Interior Design and Furniture Today from Reed Business Information-US Posted on March 19, 2010
- Reed Business Information-US sells School Library Journal and Library Journal to Media Source Posted on March 1, 2010
- Canon Communications acquires design engineering media properties from RBI-US Posted on February 16, 2010: Updated on March 1, 2010
Acquirer: European Professional Publishing Group
ACQ Web: http://www.eppg.de
Location: Germany, Munich
Description: The European Professional Publishing Group (EPPG) is a publishing group for medium-size publishers in the field of specialty information and specialty interests. Group companies grow and develop organically as well as through additional investment and acquisitions. European Professional Publishing Group is owned by Management Capital Holding.
Category: Media Group
Contact: Ferdinand Freiherr von Wrede, Managing Director
Vendor: Reed Business Information GmbH
Vendor Web: http://www.reedbusiness.de
Location: Germany, Munich
Description: Reed Business Information is the international business-to-business division of Reed Elsevier. The portfolio encompasses over 400 titles, newsletters, directories, reference works and online services in over 48 market segments and in five continents. Activities in Germany are concentrated in the three areas of architecture, technology and eBusiness. Reed Business Information currently publishes the specialty journals DETAIL, RECYCLING MAGAZIN and DIGITAL PRODUCTION. Since 2007 Reed Business Information has offered the online business-to-business portal LINX as well as the company portal www.Youbizz.de.
Category: Media Group, B2B
Contact 1: Hans-Jürgen Kuntze, Managing Director
Contact 2: André Weijde, Managing Director
FDN Database Reference: F231109-390