Reed Elsevier has sold Reed Business Information France to funds belonging to Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners (via the Winch Capital 2 fund), BNP Paribas Développement and several managers of the company. The funds bought a 75 percent stake of RBI France, while the remaining 25 percent was purchased by managers Jean-Pierre Seguret and Alexandre Sidommo. The value of the deal was not disclosed, but is being reported that RBI France was sold for around £40 million.
Reed Business Information France provides professional information and services. Sales in 2012 amounted to EUR 62.4m and the group has 476 employees in France, Spain and Tunisia. Its main activities include a business intelligence platform which manages tenders (DoubleTrade), some of Reed Elevier’s last consumer magazines including CosmétiqueMag and Coiffure de Paris, guides and soft cover books (Prat Editions, ESF éditeur), an occupational training company (Comundi) and a lead generation company (emedia).
The deal also includes the transfer of the Reed Elsevier group’s Spanish tender management companies Manivest and Construdatos to RBI France.
RBI France is the latest disposal by Reed Elsevier as it moves away from cyclical markets and focuses on electronic data services and research businesses.
Alexandre Sidommo, head of the Business Intelligence division DoubleTrade has been appointed chairman of Reed Business Information France. The Supervisory Board will be chaired by Jean-Pierre Seguret, former chairman of the DDB France group.
The executive team comprises Stéphane Barus, Finance and Administration director, Gianni Cavalcaselle who becomes head of the Business Intelligence division (DoubleTrade France and Spain), Thierry Lescure, head of emedia, Reed Contents, IT systems and Internet Strategy, Rémi Ramondou, head of the Publishing division, Aurélie Sornat, head of Human Resources and Anne Thomas, head of the Press division.
Pierre-Yves Poirier, Partner of Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners said, “We are very proud to assist entrepreneurs looking to boost business growth. We now share the same objective, namely helping RBI France to seize growth opportunities on its markets.”
- Reed Elsevier reports growth in the 12 months to 31 December 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- Elsevier acquires Knovel, provider of web-based productivity application for the engineering community Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier acquires Aureus Sciences Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier Announces its Acquisition of the Journal of Choice Modelling Posted on December 17, 2012
- Penske Media Corporation acquires Variety from Reed Business Information Posted on October 9, 2012
- Reed Elsevier – results for the six months to 30 June 2012 Posted on July 30, 2012
- Reed Elsevier results for 2011 Posted on March 13, 2012
- Elsevier acquires The Ocular Surface Posted onJanuary 19, 2012
- Elsevier acquires QUOSA Posted on January 12, 2012
- Reed Elsevier to acquire Accuity Posted on September 28, 2011
- UK: RBI’s Variety Group to acquire TVtracker Posted on June 29, 2011
- Air Business acquires subscription and publishing services bureaux Quadrant Subscription Services from RBI Posted on June 1, 2011
- TechTarget completes acquisition of Computer Weekly from Reed Business Information Posted on April 29, 2011
- TechTarget to acquire Computer Weekly from Reed Business Information Posted on March 29, 2011
- Elsevier acquires oncology journal portfolio From Cancer Information Group Posted on February 4, 2011
- Martini Media Network raises $6 million led by Reed Elsevier Ventures Posted on June 14, 2010
- Mail.com acquires Boy Genius Report Posted on April 27, 2010
- EPPG acquires Reed Business Information GmbH Posted on April 20, 2010
- RBI-US sells Publishers Weekly to former publisher George Slowik Posted on April 6, 2010
- Sandow Media acquires Interior Design and Furniture Today from Reed Business Information-US Posted on March 19, 2010
- Reed Business Information-US sells School Library Journal and Library Journal to Media Source Posted on March 1, 2010
- Canon Communications acquires design engineering media properties from RBI-US Posted on February 16, 2010: Updated on
You must be logged in to post a comment.