Variety Group, a division of Reed Business Information US, has signed off a deal to buy online information provider, TVtracker. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
TVtracker is a premium entertainment research and data tracking service covering TV, film and the digital entertainment business for more than 250 leading brands in entertainment and media.
Variety Group president Neil Stiles said: “This is a major step forward for the organisation’s expansion, with research and data services a centrepiece of Variety’s online strategy.”
Neil added: “Variety aims to provide business information that is integrated into the desktop of industry executives.”
TVTracker’s founder Mark Hoebich will continue to oversee the operation, reporting into Neil.
Variety digital general manager Jennifer Collins said: “We anticipate being the market leader for not just TV, but also film data and information in the next year.”
USA, Los Angeles, CA
- Air Business acquires subscription and publishing services bureaux Quadrant Subscription Services from RBI Posted on June 1, 2011
- TechTarget completes acquisition of Computer Weekly from Reed Business Information Posted on April 29, 2011
- TechTarget to acquire Computer Weekly from Reed Business Information Posted on March 29, 2011
- EPPG acquires Reed Business Information GmbH Posted on April 20, 2010
- RBI-US sells Publishers Weekly to former publisher George Slowik Posted on April 6, 2010
- Sandow Media acquires Interior Design and Furniture Today from Reed Business Information-US Posted on March 19, 2010
- Reed Business Information-US sells School Library Journal and Library Journal to Media Source Posted on March 1, 2010
- Canon Communications acquires design engineering media properties from RBI-US Posted on February 16, 2010: Updated on March 1, 2010