Twitter has acquired CardSpring. Based in San Francisco, CardSpring is an application platform that lets developers build card-linked digital coupons, virtual rewards, and loyalty programs that work with credit cards and other types of payments. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Founded by Amit Kumar, Jeff Winner, Eckart Walther and Geraud Boyer, CardSpring’s raised $10 million in venture funding from Grelock Partners and Accel Partners in January 2012. Seed investors include Morado Venture Partners, SV Angel, Data Collective, Felicis Ventures and the Webb Investment Network.
USA, San Francisco, CA
- Twitter acquires Spindle June 20, 2013
- Twitter acquires Crashlytics Posted on January 30, 2013
- Twitter acquires Posterous Posted on March 14, 2012
- Julpan acquired by Twitter Posted onSeptember 22, 2011
- Twitter acquires social analytics platform BackType Posted on July 6, 2011
- AdGrok has been acquired by Twitter Posted on June 2, 2011
- TweetDeck acquired By Twitter Posted on May 24, 2011
- Twitter in talks to buy Tweetdeck for $50 million Posted on April 21, 2011
- UberMedia close to acquiring TweetDeck Posted on February 14, 2011
- Twitter has no plans to go public and the JP Morgan investment story is made up Posted on March 4, 2011