Twitter has acquired social analytics platform BackType. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
BackType was founded in 2008 by Christopher Golda and Michael Montano. It received $15K in seed funding from Y Combinator at that time. BackType raised a further$300K from True Ventures in 2009. Then $1M from a group of investors this year including True Ventures, K9 Ventures, Auren Hoffman, 500 Startups, Sachin Agarwal, Freestyle Capital, Lowercase Capital, Founder Collective, Auren Hoffman, 500 Startups, Sachin Agarwal
The announcement was made on the BackType blog.
“We’re thrilled to announce that BackType has been acquired by Twitter! We’ll be bringing our team and technology to Twitter’s platform team, where our focus will be developing tools for Twitter’s publisher partners. Our vision at BackType has always been to help our customers understand the value of engagement on Twitter and other social platforms. We also created BackTweets to help publishers understand the reach of their tweets and content, who they are reaching, and how Tweets covert to web traffic, sales and other KPIs.”
Read the full Blog posting here
USA, San Francisco
- AdGrok has been acquired by Twitter Posted on June 2, 2011
- TweetDeck acquired By Twitter Posted on May 24, 2011
- Twitter in talks to buy Tweetdeck for $50 million Posted on April 21, 2011
- UberMedia close to acquiring TweetDeck Posted on February 14, 2011
- Twitter has no plans to go public and the JP Morgan investment story is made up Posted on March 4, 2011