Julpan has been acquired by Twitter. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Julpan analyses the way people share information on the social web. Studying the way stories develop and how people react to them provides a wealth of data to help determine what exactly people care about at any given moment. From this data, Julpan are able to understand and follow the most popular topics and track the highest quality content.
I am very proud to announce that Julpan has been acquired by Twitter.
We founded Julpan more than a year ago. In that time we’ve created innovative, early-alpha-stage search technology that analyzes social activity across the Web to deliver fresh and relevant content to users.
Twitter houses an industry-leading engineering team that is tackling some of the Internet’s most interesting opportunities. With more than 230 million Tweets per day on every subject imaginable, Twitter gives us a chance to make an even greater contribution toward instantly bringing people closer to what is most meaningful to them. We look forward to joining forces with Twitter’s engineering team to explore how we can best integrate and optimize Julpan’s innovations.
I’d like to personally thank the talented engineers, architects and designers of Julpan. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people with whom to invent some of the world’s best social search technology.
Ori Allon, Director of Engineering, Twitter (former Founder & CEO of Julpan)
USA, San Francisco, CA & New York, NY
- Twitter acquires social analytics platform BackType Posted on July 6, 2011
- AdGrok has been acquired by Twitter Posted on June 2, 2011
- TweetDeck acquired By Twitter Posted on May 24, 2011
- Twitter in talks to buy Tweetdeck for $50 million Posted on April 21, 2011
- UberMedia close to acquiring TweetDeck Posted on February 14, 2011
- Twitter has no plans to go public and the JP Morgan investment story is made up Posted on March 4, 2011