Blogging platform Posterous has been acquired by Twitter. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Twitter released a statement saying that it will be bringing the Posterous team on board and continue to keep Posterous Spaces alive. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The opportunities in front of Twitter are exciting, and we couldn’t be happier about bringing our team’s expertise to a product that reaches hundreds of millions of users around the globe. Plus, the people at Twitter are genuinely nice folks who share our vision for making sharing simpler.
Posterous Spaces will remain up and running without disruption. We’ll give users ample notice if we make any changes to the service. For users who would like to back up their content or move to another service, we’ll share clear instructions for doing so in the coming weeks.
You can find more information answers to other questions you may have here.
Finally, we’d like to offer thanks to all of our users, especially those who have been with Posterous since day one. The last four years have been an amazing journey. Your encouragement, praise and criticism have made us better. Thanks for that. We look forward to building great things for you over at Twitter.
USA, San Francisco
- Julpan acquired by Twitter Posted onSeptember 22, 2011
- Twitter acquires social analytics platform BackType Posted on July 6, 2011
- AdGrok has been acquired by Twitter Posted on June 2, 2011
- TweetDeck acquired By Twitter Posted on May 24, 2011
- Twitter in talks to buy Tweetdeck for $50 million Posted on April 21, 2011
- UberMedia close to acquiring TweetDeck Posted on February 14, 2011
- Twitter has no plans to go public and the JP Morgan investment story is made up Posted on March 4, 2011