Love Productions has production bases in London, Bristol, New York and Los Angeles. Love Productions programmes include Great British Bake-off, Great British Sewing Bee, Baby Borrowers, Famous Rich and Homeless, Benefits Street, Make Bradford British and My Last Summer.
Love Productions will continue to operate as a distinct company under its new ownership structure. This means it will carry on producing programmes for all the major UK broadcasters, as well as creating new programmes and formats for sale around the world. McKerrow and Beattie will continue to run the company with the current senior management team.
Sophie Turner Laing, Managing Director, Content, Sky said: “This is a significant step for our growing international content business. Love is one of the UK’s most innovative and creative independent producers with a track record of success across a range of genres, both in the UK and globally. Led by Richard and Anna, Love has a hugely talented team with exciting plans for the future. We are really looking forward to supporting them as they build on their relationships with different broadcasters throughout the industry and helping them to grow the business”.
Sky’s international distribution business, Sky Vision, will become Love Productions’ distribution partner, representing all new finished programmes and formats. Love Productions’ current agreements with other broadcasters and distributors will remain unchanged.
- News Corporation to sell its stake in SKY New Zealand Posted on March 7, 2013
- Manchester United acquires BskyB’s One-Third Stake in MUTV Posted on January 24, 2013
- Sky acquires Parthenon Media Group Posted on July 30, 2012
- News Corporation acquires a stake in MOBY Group Posted on January 18, 2012
- BSkyB invests in Zeebox Posted on January 9, 2012
- Shine Group acquires ChannelFlip Posted on January 9, 2012
- Specific Media has acquired Myspace from News Corporation Posted on June 30, 2011
- News Corporation pays A$45 million for Kidspot Posted on June 29, 2011
- News Corp completes the Shine Group acquisition Posted on April 5, 2011 — Fusion DigiNet
- News Corporation to acquire Shine Group Posted on February 21, 2011
- Photobucket and Ontela to merge Posted on January 21, 2011
- News Corp. sells Fox Mobile Group to Jesta Group Posted on December 23, 2010
- News Corp acquires Wireless Generation Posted on November 23, 2010
- News Corporation acquires Skiff and makes an investment in Journalism Online Posted on June 15, 2010
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010
- News Corp. invests in Beyond Oblivion Posted on April 26, 2010
- News Corp. acquires games developer Irata Labs Posted on April 23, 2010
- News Corporation is considering the sale of Berlin based Jamba Posted on March 11, 2010
- News Corporation acquires a stake in Rotana Group Posted on February 23, 2010
- CME buys 90% stake of the Dow Jones Indexes business for $607.5 million Posted on February 12, 2010
- Lachlan Murdoch sells $28m News Corp stake Posted on November 30, 2009
- MySpace Buys ad supported music streamer Imeem Posted on November 19, 2009