News Corp. has acquired 90% of Wireless Generation, a privately-held Brooklyn-based education technology company for about $360 million in cash. Upon completion of transaction, Wireless Generation will become a subsidiary of News Corp.
Wireless Generation will be managed by founder and CEO Larry Berger, President and COO Josh Reibel, and Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer Laurence Holt, who will collectively retain a 10% interest.
USA, Brooklyn, NY
- News Corporation acquires Skiff and makes an investment in Journalism Online Posted on June 15, 2010
- News Corp. invests in Beyond Oblivion Posted on April 26, 2010
- News Corp. acquires games developer Irata Labs Posted on April 23, 2010
- News Corporation is considering the sale of Berlin based Jamba Posted on March 11, 2010
- News Corporation acquires a stake in Rotana Group Posted on February 23, 2010
- CME buys 90% stake of the Dow Jones Indexes business for $607.5 million Posted on February 12, 2010
- Lachlan Murdoch sells $28m News Corp stake Posted on November 30, 2009
- MySpace Buys ad supported music streamer Imeem Posted on November 19, 2009