Jesta Group has acquired Fox Mobile Group (FMG) from News Corporation. A leading global entertainment provider, FMG includes such well-known consumer brands as Jamba, Jamster, Mobizzo and iLove, as well as Bitbop, a mobile video service and entertainment platform launched in the U.S. in early 2010. FMG, which will be renamed and become a part of Jesta Mobile Holdings, is co-headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and Beverly Hills, California, and operates in North America, Europe, South America and Australia.
“We believe that mobile entertainment is an important emerging market and we are excited about this acquisition and the opportunities for growth it presents”, said Jason Aintabi, president of Jesta Group. “FMG’s unique ten-year history in mobile entertainment services; its stature as a trusted partner with carriers and device manufacturers; and its many successful consumer brands give it a clear advantage in this rapidly developing sector. We look forward to working with the many talented and dedicated global employees of FMG and to a very bright future for the company and its brands.”
Mark Anderson, COO of FMG, added: “We are all very excited to grow this business under Jesta Group’s leadership, and to build upon the solid base established under News Corp.’s stewardship.”
Jesta Group is a diversified company with a long history as a leading investor in all classes of global real estate and hospitality as well as in other important sectors of the economy, notably in the fields of manufacturing, technology and aviation. Jesta is headquartered in London, Paris, Montreal and New York.
Allen & Company LLC served as financial advisor to News Corporation on the transaction.
The transaction was completed on December 22, 2010. Financial details were not disclosed.
USA, New York, NY
- News Corp acquires Wireless Generation Posted on November 23, 2010
- News Corporation acquires Skiff and makes an investment in Journalism Online Posted on June 15, 2010
- News Corp. invests in Beyond Oblivion Posted on April 26, 2010
- News Corp. acquires games developer Irata Labs Posted on April 23, 2010
- News Corporation is considering the sale of Berlin based Jamba Posted on March 11, 2010
- News Corporation acquires a stake in Rotana Group Posted on February 23, 2010
- CME buys 90% stake of the Dow Jones Indexes business for $607.5 million Posted on February 12, 2010
- Lachlan Murdoch sells $28m News Corp stake Posted on November 30, 2009
- MySpace Buys ad supported music streamer Imeem Posted on November 19, 2009
Leave a Reply