Thomson Reuters has completed the acquisition of Practical Law Company, a provider of practical legal know-how and workflow tools. Practical Law Company has operations in New York and London.
Previous reporting on Fusion DigiNet.
Thomson Reuters announced on January 3 that it had reached a definitive agreement to acquire Practical Law Company. The acquisition, which was subject to regulatory review in the U.S. and UK, has received Hart Scott Rodino clearance in the U.S. In the UK, where Thomson Reuters made a voluntary submission to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), the review process is underway.
Mike Suchsland , president of the Legal business of Thomson Reuters, said, “The completion of the acquisition positions Thomson Reuters with a comprehensive portfolio of productivity solutions that combine the best legal information, expert know-how resources and software tools and are geared to help in-house lawyers and outside counsel work more efficiently and effectively. We look forward to building upon each company’s innovation, editorial legacy and expertise to create even more powerful tools to support and improve the practice of law.”
USA, New York, NY & UK, London
- Thomson Reuters to acquire Practical Law Company January 3, 2013
- Nasdaq OMX Group to acquire the investor relations, public relations, and multimedia solutions units of Thomson Reuters Corp for $390 million Posted on December 18, 2012
- Thomson Reuters acquires Zawya from Saffar Posted on June 27, 2012
- Thomson Reuters acquires Apsmart Posted on June 14, 2012
- Thomson Reuters sells its Healthcare business to Veritas for $1.25bn Posted on April 23, 2012
- Thomson Reuters full year and fourth quarter results Posted on February 10, 2012
- Thomson Reuters acquires precious metals consultancy GFMS Posted on August 5, 2011
- Thomson Reuters has completed its acquisition of Manatron Posted on July 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters to sell its healthcare division Posted on June 22, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires CorpSmart from Deloitte Posted on June 22, 2011
- Thomson Reuters is to acquire Manatron, a property tax automation and land registry software business June 3, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires Mastersaf Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires World-Check Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuter to sell its Enterprise Risk and Portia businesses Posted on April 29, 2011
- GMT Communications Partners acquires the Scandinavian Legal and Tax & Accounting Businesses of Thomson Reuters Posted on April 7, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires LRP Publications’ Public Employment Group and Bankruptcy/Banking Products Group. Posted on January 13, 2011
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Pangea3 Posted on November 19, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Highline Financial Posted on November 2, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Healthcare Data Management Posted on September 1, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired Brazil Publishing House Revista dos Tribunais Posted June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired UAE legislation Library from Affinitext for $10 million Posted on June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Complinet Posted on June 3, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Point Carbon Posted on May 27, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Discovery Logic Posted on January 5, 2010
- Thomson Reuters Completes Acquisition of Breakingviews Posted on December 3, 2009
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Sabrix Posted on November 17, 2009
You must be logged in to post a comment.