International Trade and Exhibitions (JV) Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of exhibitions business ITE Group, has acquired a 75% stake in Trade Link ITE Sdn Bhd, a company registered in Malaysia for approximately £4m. The remaining 25% of Trade Link is held by Trade Link founder Albert Lai who remains as CEO of the company.
Revenue generated from Trade Link is expected to be circa £2m in FY 2013.
Trade Link runs the successful “Metaltech”, “Automex” and “Weldtech” events that take place together annually in May at Kuala Lumpur’s Putra World Trade Centre. Focused on the area of machine tool technology and metal fabrication, they are Malaysia’s leading events in this growing sector occupying over 10,000m2 of exhibition space annually. Trade Link also run South East Asia’s largest dedicated event for woodworking, “ASEAN Woodtech”.
Commentating on the acquisition ITE’s Chief Executive Russell Taylor said: “This acquisition is a strategic move for ITE into the South East Asian exhibition market. Trade Link operates some of South East Asia’s key events in our strongest sectors which are expected to realise good growth in the future.
- ITE Group acquires a minority stake in ABEC in India Posted on December 4, 2012
- ITE Group acquires Krasnodar Expo Posted on March 3, 2011
- ITE Group acquires Russian exhibition organiser, MVK for €33 million December 20, 2010
- ITE acquires two Ukrainian exhibitions Posted on April 16, 2012