Thomson Reuters has acquired leading Brazilian legal publisher, Revista dos Tribunais. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“Revista dos Tribunais is a strong complement to our global portfolio of legal research, software and services,” said Gonzalo Lissarrague, senior vice president of Latin America for Thomson Reuters Legal, who will oversee the combined operations. “This acquisition gives us tremendous advantage in the emerging Brazilian legal information market by providing an all-in-one service that will give Brazilian professionals quick access to the most accurate legal content available. Revista dos Tribunais brings a strong local brand, high-caliber content and authors, and deep customer relationships that will help build our online business in Brazil.”
Antonio Belinelo, who will remain as general manager of Revista dos Tribunais at Thomson Reuters, added: “The Thomson Reuters Westlaw platform and the company’s depth of experience helping legal professionals around the world with online services presents an extraordinary opportunity and will make the most of our combined knowledge and experience for our customers in Brazil. We are excited to join Thomson Reuters, and to build our business in alignment with the growing Brazilian legal information market.”
Revista dos Tribunais which was founded 98 years ago, has nearly 300 staff members in Brazil. Their catalogue lists more than 2,000 published titles, they are read by judges, lawyers, notaries, and any professional or institution consulting on legal matters.
Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Related DigiNet Articles
- Thomson Reuters has acquired UAE legislation Library from Affinitext for $10 million Posted on June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Complinet Posted on June 3, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Point Carbon Posted on May 27, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Discovery Logic Posted on January 5, 2010
- Thomson Reuters Completes Acquisition of Breakingviews Posted on December 3, 2009
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Sabrix Posted on November 17, 2009
Leave a Reply