Thomson Reuters has acquired analyst firm GFMS (formerly known as Gold Fields Mineral Services), a precious metals consultancy, specialising in research into the global gold, silver, platinum and palladium markets. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
“The strategy for our commodities business has been to deliver best-of-breed, specialist services and unique content to energy, metals and agriculture professionals via our next generation desktop Thomson Reuters Eikon,” said Shaun Sibley, global head, commodities, Thomson Reuters. “This investment coupled with our acquisition of Point Carbon last year is helping us deepen those propositions by bringing in specialist talent to our team which delivers invaluable insight, information and tools to our clients.
“Our clients will now have access to additional high-value GFMS content via Thomson Reuters Eikon in the future. We’re extremely pleased to join forces with GFMS and significantly strengthen our offering to the metals market,” added Sibley.
Both Philip Klapwijk, chairman of GFMS, and Paul Walker, CEO of GFMS, will remain with the business and take up new roles as global head of metals analytics and global head of precious metals respectively. They will report to Mitchel Ingham-Barrow who is Global Head of Metals at Thomson Reuters.
“This is an exciting time for GFMS as we become part of the large-scale and dynamic company that is Thomson Reuters, helping us to provide an even sharper focus on the global metals markets,” commented Philip Klapwijk, incoming global head of metals analytics, Thomson Reuters. “We see the Thomson Reuters Eikon desktop as one of the most innovative tools for metals professionals and we look forward to enhancing this proposition even further with the addition of our research and analysis.”
USA, New York, NY & UK, London
- Thomson Reuters has completed its acquisition of Manatron Posted on July 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters to sell its healthcare division Posted on June 22, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires CorpSmart from Deloitte Posted on June 22, 2011
- Thomson Reuters is to acquire Manatron, a property tax automation and land registry software business June 3, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires Mastersaf Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires World-Check Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuter to sell its Enterprise Risk and Portia businesses Posted on April 29, 2011
- GMT Communications Partners acquires the Scandinavian Legal and Tax & Accounting Businesses of Thomson Reuters Posted on April 7, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires LRP Publications’ Public Employment Group and Bankruptcy/Banking Products Group. Posted on January 13, 2011
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Pangea3 Posted on November 19, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Highline Financial Posted on November 2, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Healthcare Data Management Posted on September 1, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired Brazil Publishing House Revista dos Tribunais Posted June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired UAE legislation Library from Affinitext for $10 million Posted on June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Complinet Posted on June 3, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Point Carbon Posted on May 27, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Discovery Logic Posted on January 5, 2010
- Thomson Reuters Completes Acquisition of Breakingviews Posted on December 3, 2009
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Sabrix Posted on November 17, 2009