Thomson Reuters has acquired CorpSmart from Deloitte. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
A leader in the market, CorpSmart provides multinational corporations (MNCs) in South Africa with intelligent corporate tax compliance software. Using this web-based solution, MNCs are able to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual income tax computations as well as file South African IT14 tax returns.
This highly diverse market, which many MNCs have identified for growth and investment opportunities, is now recognised and referred to as a ‘frontier market’. The purchase of CorpSmart, which will be integrated into the ONESOURCE suite of solutions, will strengthen the expanding Tax & Accounting business and provide its customer base with the tools to develop business in this exciting market.
“South Africa has created an impressive financial and regulatory structure to position itself as the singular hub for the continent and as such, it rightly has the focus of multinational corporations and other major economic entities around the world,” said Brian Peccarelli, president of the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters.
“The CorpSmart acquisition is strategically and geographically important for the Tax & Accounting business as it marks the inaugural entry to the African market and will form part of our global offering,” concluded Brian Peccarelli.
“As MNCs look to new markets and regions like South Africa for investment, it is important that they have the right information about the local tax system and the best tools to help them achieve compliance,” commented Duane Newman, managing director, Deloitte and Touche Tax Technologies. “As a leader in the corporate and income tax technology sector within this market we have been able to deliver this expertise on a wide scale.”
UK, London & South Africa
1. Thomson Reuters
- Thomson Reuters is to acquire Manatron, a property tax automation and land registry software business June 3, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires Mastersaf Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires World-Check Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuter to sell its Enterprise Risk and Portia businesses Posted on April 29, 2011
- GMT Communications Partners acquires the Scandinavian Legal and Tax & Accounting Businesses of Thomson Reuters Posted on April 7, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires LRP Publications’ Public Employment Group and Bankruptcy/Banking Products Group. Posted on January 13, 2011
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Pangea3 Posted on November 19, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Highline Financial Posted on November 2, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Healthcare Data Management Posted on September 1, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired Brazil Publishing House Revista dos Tribunais Posted June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired UAE legislation Library from Affinitext for $10 million Posted on June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Complinet Posted on June 3, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Point Carbon Posted on May 27, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Discovery Logic Posted on January 5, 2010
- Thomson Reuters Completes Acquisition of Breakingviews Posted on December 3, 2009
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Sabrix Posted on November 17, 2009
- Deloitte expands energy analytics capabilities with acquisition of Altos Management Partners and MarketPoint Posted on January 14, 2011
- Deloitte acquires the assets of both ClearCarbon Consulting and DOMANI Sustainability Consulting Posted on December 14, 2010
- Deloitte acquires carbon and sustainability consultancy dcarbon8 Posted on May 20, 2010