Thomson Reuters is to acquire Manatron, a provider of property tax automation and land registry software for governments and municipalities around the world, from Thoma Bravo LLC, a private equity firm. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Manatron will strengthen the expanding Tax & Accounting business with an additional 1,400 clients in over 20 countries and more than 40 U.S. states. Manatron’s flagship solution, Government Revenue Management (GRM), is an integrated suite of web-based property recording, assessment and tax software that automates the operational, informational, and planning needs for assessors, auditors, treasurers, tax collectors and other government officials. Manatron’s software solutions are being used by governments to replace antiquated systems to help improve customer service, streamline processes and manage the growing velocity of legislative changes.
“The government tax automation space is a growing segment and a natural fit with our strategy to improve workflow efficiency for our clients through innovative technology,” said Brian Peccarelli, president of the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “Manatron has a great track record helping governments improve their collection and compliance processes, which improves accuracy, customer service and reduces costs associated with the collection process for all involved.”
In addition to its market-leading property tax offerings, Manatron is also considered a leader in the provision of land administration systems — helping governments and the private sector map, audit, register and publicize the value of assets and land. As one of the only providers of end-to-end government property tax management and land administration systems, Manatron processes more than $100 billion in annual tax revenue.
“Becoming part of Thomson Reuters extends Manatron’s global reach, but our mission remains the same — to deliver a solution that allows our clients to efficiently process and manage their land, property tax and assessment information,” said Bill McKinzie, president and chief executive officer at Manatron.
USA, New York, NY & Portage, MI
- Thomson Reuters acquires Mastersaf Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires World-Check Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuter to sell its Enterprise Risk and Portia businesses Posted on April 29, 2011
- GMT Communications Partners acquires the Scandinavian Legal and Tax & Accounting Businesses of Thomson Reuters Posted on April 7, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires LRP Publications’ Public Employment Group and Bankruptcy/Banking Products Group. Posted on January 13, 2011
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Pangea3 Posted on November 19, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Highline Financial Posted on November 2, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Healthcare Data Management Posted on September 1, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired Brazil Publishing House Revista dos Tribunais Posted June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired UAE legislation Library from Affinitext for $10 million Posted on June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Complinet Posted on June 3, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Point Carbon Posted on May 27, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Discovery Logic Posted on January 5, 2010
- Thomson Reuters Completes Acquisition of Breakingviews Posted on December 3, 2009
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Sabrix Posted on November 17, 2009