Thomson Reuters is to sell its Healthcare business to an affiliate of Veritas Capital for $1.25 billion in cash. The sale is expected to close in the next few months. The sale is not subject to any financing condition. Veritas has obtained debt financing commitments for the transaction.
The Healthcare business provides data, analytics and performance benchmarking solutions and services to hospitals, health systems, employers, health plans, government agencies and healthcare professionals. With leading assets and solutions such as MarketScan, Advantage Suite, Micromedex, CareDiscovery and ActionOI, coupled with expert services and analysis, the Healthcare business provides its customers with solutions to identify savings, improve outcomes, fight fraud and abuse and more efficiently manage their healthcare operations.
“We are proud of our colleagues who built a very strong Healthcare business,” said James C. Smith, chief executive officer of Thomson Reuters. “I know they will continue to serve their customers with the same high standards under new ownership. With the completion of the divestiture, Thomson Reuters will be even more focused on our core global businesses.”
“The Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters is the preeminent healthcare analytics company in the industry today,” said Robert McKeon, chairman of Veritas Capital. “The acquisition will provide us with a unique and exciting opportunity to add a truly outstanding business and world-class management team to our portfolio and we look forward to building upon our experience in the healthcare analytics market. We look forward to welcoming the business and its talented employees, including its talented management team led by Mike Boswood, into the Veritas family.”
“We are excited to become part of Veritas Capital. Veritas is committed to helping us continue to grow and expand our business and our customers should expect the same level of high quality services after the transaction closes,” said Mike Boswood, president of the Healthcare business.
Morgan Stanley and Allen & Company are acting as financial advisors to Thomson Reuters for the proposed divestiture. Covington & Burling LLP is acting as legal counsel for Thomson Reuters.
USA, New York, NY
- Thomson Reuters full year and fourth quarter results Posted on February 10, 2012
- Thomson Reuters acquires precious metals consultancy GFMS Posted on August 5, 2011
- Thomson Reuters has completed its acquisition of Manatron Posted on July 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters to sell its healthcare division Posted on June 22, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires CorpSmart from Deloitte Posted on June 22, 2011
- Thomson Reuters is to acquire Manatron, a property tax automation and land registry software business June 3, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires Mastersaf Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires World-Check Posted on May 19, 2011
- Thomson Reuter to sell its Enterprise Risk and Portia businesses Posted on April 29, 2011
- GMT Communications Partners acquires the Scandinavian Legal and Tax & Accounting Businesses of Thomson Reuters Posted on April 7, 2011
- Thomson Reuters acquires LRP Publications’ Public Employment Group and Bankruptcy/Banking Products Group. Posted on January 13, 2011
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Pangea3 Posted on November 19, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Highline Financial Posted on November 2, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Healthcare Data Management Posted on September 1, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired Brazil Publishing House Revista dos Tribunais Posted June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters has acquired UAE legislation Library from Affinitext for $10 million Posted on June 8, 2010
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Complinet Posted on June 3, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Point Carbon Posted on May 27, 2010
- Thomson Reuters acquires Discovery Logic Posted on January 5, 2010
- Thomson Reuters Completes Acquisition of Breakingviews Posted on December 3, 2009
- Thomson Reuters to Acquire Sabrix Posted on November 17, 2009