Providence Equity Partners , the private equity firm behind Ambassador Theatre Group, is in talks to buy exhibitions group CloserStill Media for about £300m, according to a report by Sky News.
CloserStill is being sold by Inflexion, another buyout firm, which backed the company in 2015. A significant proportion of CloserStill’s revenues come from outside the UK, with exhibitions such as Dentiste Expo in Paris and Cloud Expo Asia in Singapore among its events. The deal with Providence, which could be signed within weeks, follows the investor’s £600m sale of Clarion to Blackstone last year.
USA, Providence, RI & UK, London
- CloserStill Media acquires a majority stake in The eLearning Guild in the US Posted on October 15, 2018
- CloserStill acquires majority stake in Masie Productions’ “Learning Conference” Posted on June 8, 2018
- CloserStill acquires Online Educa Berlin Posted on December 6, 2017
- Providence Equity acquires Clarion Events for over £200M Posted on January 14, 2015
- CloserStill acquires pharmacy trade show Pharmagora from NewsMed Posted on March 31, 2014
- CloserStill acquires the Data Centre World event Posted on July 4, 2013
- DMGT sells GLM to Providence Equity Partners Posted on October 4, 2011
- CloserStill Media’s new investment arm acquires Red Publishing Posted on April 20, 2011
- CloserStill Media launches an investment arm and made its first acquisition Posted on April 13, 2011
- Cox Enterprises sells 25% of AutoTrader.com to Providence Equity Partners Posted on May 5, 2010
- Baidu’s online video company to receive $50M investment from Providence Equity Partners Posted on February 26, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.