Global professional services firm Rothstein Kass, has published “Private Equity in 2011,” a sector trends report that features the findings of an Internet survey of 207 private equity fund managers. Conducted in January 2011, the survey covered issues ranging from fundraising intent to regulatory concerns. Sixty-five percent of managers participating worked at funds with assets under management (AUM) below $500 million, with 35 percent indicating AUM in excess of $500 million.
Among notable findings, nearly 80 percent of respondents indicated that there will be more attractive investment opportunities in 2011 than in 2010. Meanwhile, 67 percent suggested that there will be increased IPO activity by private equity portfolio companies this year. While a more stable economy and thawing capital markets are contributing to a general sense of optimism, managers polled also acknowledged challenges ahead. Roughly 45 percent of respondents indicated that the credit crisis would continue into 2012 or beyond. Nearly 86 percent agreed that provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act will increase compliance costs for private equity funds.
Read the report here
USA, Roseland NJ
Other Research Reports:
- Internet Advertising Revenues Hit $7.3 Billion in Q1 ’11 Highest First-Quarter Revenue Level on Record According to IAB and PwC Posted on May 30, 2011
- VC Funding in the solar sector off to a Strong Start With Q1 Coming in at $658 Million From Mercom Capital Group – April 12, 2011
- UK Buyout market registers strongest quarter in two years From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – April 8, 2011
- JEGI releases its Media and Information M&A report for Q1 2011 – From Jordan Edmiston Group’s Media and Information M&A report – April 1, 2011
- Investments in green companies and technologies globally now total more than $2 trillion – From Ethical Markets Media‘S The Green Transition Scoreboard – February 22, 2011
- Market Research Report – 2010 Private Equity in the Information Industry Merger & Acquisition Trends – Valuation Metrics up 53% from 2009 – From Berkery Noyes Private Equity in the Information Industry M&A Trends Report – February 4, 2011
- US entertainment and media M&A activity has outpaced the overall US deal market in 2010 – From PwC US – January 31, 2011
- US Financial Technology & Information Industry M&A trends report shows deal value has grown by 27% since 2009 – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Financial Technology & Information M&A Trends Report – January 19, 2011
- Research shows smaller buyouts bounce back in 2010 – From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – January 11, 2011
- US information industry M&A report shows deal value and volume Up 36% – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Information Market M&A Trends Report – January 7, 2011
- AdMedia Partners survey forecasts an increase in traditional media and digital media M&A and improved multiples – The AdMedia Partners annual survey of senior executives – December 30, 2010