Data from the Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School UK Growth Buyout Dashboard shows that the UK has reinforced its position as the preeminent market for private equity investment in Europe, with activity in its lower mid-market having continued its strong recovery in 2011 to pre-recession levels of almost 100 deals.
Highlighting the segment’s robustness despite macro-economic challenges, the UK Growth Buyout Dashboard, revealed 44 per cent growth in the total number of transactions last year to 91, compared to 63 in 2010 and 34 deals in 2009.
The quarterly data, which analyses UK-headquartered private equity control deals in the £10 to £100 million enterprise value space, also shows that total deal value has more than trebled over the past three years, with aggregate values in excess of £3.4 billion last year compared to over £2.2 billion in 2010 and just above £1.0 billion in 2009.
Technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) was the stand-out sector – a trend which is likely to continue, driven by growth in innovative IT solutions such as cloud computing and mobile business applications. 26 TMT deals completed during 2011, contributing to 29 per cent of completed transactions, compared to 11 a year earlier and just four in 2009.
- Berkery Noyes Releases 2011 Year End Online & Mobile Industry Mergers and Acquisitions Report posted on January 12, 2012
- Berkery Noyes releases 2011 Year End Media Trends Report Posted on January 10, 2012
- AdMedia’s Industry Survey – 2012 Mergers and Acquisitions Prospects for Media, Marketing Services and Related Technology Firms Posted on January 10, 2012
- mergermarket Q3 Monthly M&A Insider report Posted on November 2, 2011
- Berkery Noyes releases third quarter 2011 M&A Update for the Media & Marketing Industry Posted on October 26, 2011
- Quarterly analysis of UK-headquartered private equity control deals in the £10 million to £100 million segment Posted on October 5, 2011
- Half Year Mergers and Acquisitions Trends Report for Private Equity in the Information Industry Posted on August 1, 2011
- Half Year M&A Trends Report for the Financial Technology and Information Industry Posted on July 19, 2011
- Berkery Noyes releases its Half Year M&A Trends Report for the Online & Mobile Industry Posted on July 18, 2011
- Survey of Private Equity fund managers indicates improved optimism – Rothstein Kass’s Private Equity in 2011 report Posted on May 30, 2011
- Internet Advertising Revenues Hit $7.3 Billion in Q1 ’11 Highest First-Quarter Revenue Level on Record According to IAB and PwC Posted on May 30, 2011
- VC Funding in the solar sector off to a Strong Start With Q1 Coming in at $658 Million From Mercom Capital Group – April 12, 2011
- UK Buyout market registers strongest quarter in two years From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – April 8, 2011
- JEGI releases its Media and Information M&A report for Q1 2011 – From Jordan Edmiston Group’s Media and Information M&A report – April 1, 2011
- Investments in green companies and technologies globally now total more than $2 trillion – From Ethical Markets Media‘S The Green Transition Scoreboard – February 22, 2011
- Market Research Report – 2010 Private Equity in the Information Industry Merger & Acquisition Trends – Valuation Metrics up 53% from 2009 – From Berkery Noyes Private Equity in the Information Industry M&A Trends Report – February 4, 2011
- US entertainment and media M&A activity has outpaced the overall US deal market in 2010 – From PwC US – January 31, 2011
- US Financial Technology & Information Industry M&A trends report shows deal value has grown by 27% since 2009 – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Financial Technology & Information M&A Trends Report – January 19, 2011
- Research shows smaller buyouts bounce back in 2010 – From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – January 11, 2011
- US information industry M&A report shows deal value and volume Up 36% – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Information Market M&A Trends Report – January 7, 2011
- AdMedia Partners survey forecasts an increase in traditional media and digital media M&A and improved multiples – The AdMedia Partners annual survey of senior executives – December 30, 2010