Berkery Noyes has released its Half Year Mergers and Acquisitions Trends Report for the Financial Technology and Information Industry.
The report analyses merger and acquisition activity in the Financial Technology and Information market over the first half of 2011 and compares it with activity in the four previous sixth-month periods. This market includes information and technology companies in capital markets, payments, banking, insurance and other related professional financial services.
Berkery Noyes data shows that while total transaction volume for the period remained largely unchanged, transaction value nearly tripled, jumping from $7.0 billion in 2nd Half 2010 to $19.5 billion this period. The 187 percent increase can be attributed primarily to Deutsche Borse Group’s announced merger with NYSE Euronext for $12.4 billion.
Fiserv, Inc., a leading provider of financial technology solutions, was the most active acquirer in 1st Half 2011, with four purchases: CashEdge, Inc., Credit Union On-Line, Inc., Mobile Commerce Ltd, and Maverick Network Solutions.
For the full two-and-a-half period covered by the report, Morningstar, Inc., was the sector’s most active acquirer. The investment research and financial news provider made nine acquisitions.
A copy of the First Half 2011 Financial Technology and Information Industry M&A Report is available here.
USA, New York
Other Research Reports:
- Berkery Noyes releases its Half Year M&A Trends Report for the Online & Mobile Industry Posted on July 18, 2011
- Survey of Private Equity fund managers indicates improved optimism – Rothstein Kass’s Private Equity in 2011 report Posted on May 30, 2011
- Internet Advertising Revenues Hit $7.3 Billion in Q1 ’11 Highest First-Quarter Revenue Level on Record According to IAB and PwC Posted on May 30, 2011
- VC Funding in the solar sector off to a Strong Start With Q1 Coming in at $658 Million From Mercom Capital Group – April 12, 2011
- UK Buyout market registers strongest quarter in two years From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – April 8, 2011
- JEGI releases its Media and Information M&A report for Q1 2011 – From Jordan Edmiston Group’s Media and Information M&A report – April 1, 2011
- Investments in green companies and technologies globally now total more than $2 trillion – From Ethical Markets Media‘S The Green Transition Scoreboard – February 22, 2011
- Market Research Report – 2010 Private Equity in the Information Industry Merger & Acquisition Trends – Valuation Metrics up 53% from 2009 – From Berkery Noyes Private Equity in the Information Industry M&A Trends Report – February 4, 2011
- US entertainment and media M&A activity has outpaced the overall US deal market in 2010 – From PwC US – January 31, 2011
- US Financial Technology & Information Industry M&A trends report shows deal value has grown by 27% since 2009 – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Financial Technology & Information M&A Trends Report – January 19, 2011
- Research shows smaller buyouts bounce back in 2010 – From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – January 11, 2011
- US information industry M&A report shows deal value and volume Up 36% – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Information Market M&A Trends Report – January 7, 2011
- AdMedia Partners survey forecasts an increase in traditional media and digital media M&A and improved multiples – The AdMedia Partners annual survey of senior executives – December 30, 2010