DVV Media International Ltd is to acquire Centaur Human Resources Ltd from Centaur Media PLC for £5 million. The deal is expected to complete at the end of April.
The sale of the HR business follows the recent disposals of Centaur’s financial services business, including brands such as Money Marketing and Mortgage Strategy, and its travel and meetings exhibitions, including the Business Travel Show and the Meetings Show, which will raise in aggregate £14.25 million. The company announcement reported that negotiations for the sale of other businesses are continuing.
The portfolio of products includes the website and exhibition covering the employee rewards and benefits sector, Employee Benefits; along with the Forum for Expatriate Management, a service for companies with overseas employees.
“This is a very significant acquisition for our business,” said DVV Media International Managing Director Andy Salter. “Building on the strength of our existing Personnel Today brand, the new additions to the portfolio substantially increase our offering to the HR and recruiter services sector. Both Employee Benefits and the Forum for Expatriate Management have a powerful reputation. This is a perfect fit and we are looking forward to working with the new teams to develop our portfolio further.”
The Centaur HR portfolio consists of the following brands and activities:
- EmployeeBenefits.co.uk: Digital resource for the UK’s reward and benefits industry, supplying news, analysis and research.
- Employee Benefits Live: Dedicated reward and benefits exhibition with around 2000 visitors and 100 exhibitors and a comprehensive conference programme.
- Employee Benefits Connect: Conference for senior reward and benefits decision makers.
- Forum for Expatriate Management: Worldwide community for global mobility professionals. FEM serves the sector through 3 Confex and Awards events (US, APAC, EMEA), a European Confex, research reports, and through the provision of information and news online.
DVV’s current HR brands and events include Personnel Today, Personnel Today Awards, Personnel Today Jobs, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, WhatMedia and the RAD Awards.
All staff currently employed at Centaur Human Resources are expected to remain with the business and the company will remain in central London at DVV’s office there.
UK, Sutton & London
DVV Media International
- DVV Media media acquires Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International Posted on January 21, 2019
- DVV acquires Smart Rail World July 16, 2018
- DVV Media Group GmbH acquires Road Transport Media Ltd Posted on January 25, 2016
- Centaur Media Plc agrees sale of travel and meetings exhibitions to Northstar Posted on April 10, 2019
- Centaur Media Plc sells financial services division to Metropolis Posted on April 1, 2019
- Centaur Media Plc to divest digital platform, events & financial services divisions Posted on November 19, 2018
- Centaur completes the acquisition of MarketMakers Posted on August 3, 2017
- Centaur Media Plc sells Home Interest Business for £32 million and acquires MarketMakers for an initial consideration of £13.4 million Posted on July 7, 2017
- Centaur acquires specialist marketing consultancy Oystercatchers for £3.35M Posted on September 21, 2016
- Centaur Media plc – Proposed disposal of Perfect Information for £26m and proposed early settlement of Econsultancy earn-outPosted on May 22, 2014
- A Fusion Deal:Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- Centaur Media plc publishes its interim results for the six months ended 31 December 2013 Posted on February 20, 2014
- Wilmot abandons plans to make an offer for Centaur Posted on October 22, 2013
- Former Centaur Media chief executive Geoff Wilmot to make a bid for the company Posted on September 25, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – full year results Posted on September 12, 2013
- Centaur – Profits to miss forecast – Executives out Posted on May 16, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – half year results for the six months ended 31 December 2012 Posted on February 22, 2013
- Centaur Media PLC – half year trading update Posted on January 11, 2013
- Centaur Media year-end trading statement Posted on July 17, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Profile Group Posted on February 21, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Investment Platforms for up to £6.3M Posted on September 6, 2011
- Centaur Media plc reports profits at top end of expectations Posted on July 15, 2011
- Centaur Media plc to be restructured and to sell off some titles Posted on June 30, 2011
- Centaur Media PLC – Interim Management Statement Posted on May 12, 2011
- Centaur Media acquires The Forum for Expatriate Management for up to £6.75M Posted on April 7, 2011
- Centaur Media has acquired for Taxbriefs £1.9 million Posted on June 2, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.