Geoff Wilmot, the former chief executive of Centaur Media plc has said that he is in talks with financial backers about making a bid for the business. Geoff Wilmot left Centaur in May this year. Tim Potter, MD of the Business Publishing division left at the same time.
A stock market announcement released yesterday said:
“Mr Wilmot notes the recent movement in the share price of Centaur.
Mr Wilmot, the former CEO of Centaur, confirms that he is considering an offer for Centaur and to that end has had preliminary discussions with certain prospective finance providers.
Mr Wilmot must, in accordance with Rule 2.6(a) of the Code, clarify his intentions by no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 22nd October, by either announcing a firm intention to make an offer or that he does not intend to make an offer, in which case the announcement will be treated as a statement to which Rule 2.8 of the Code applies. This deadline will only be extended with the consent of the Panel in accordance with Rule 2.6(c) of the Code.
This announcement does not constitute an announcement of a firm intention to make an offer under Rule 2.7 of the Code and there can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms on which any offer will be made.
Further announcements will be made in due course.”
Centaur Media issued a statement today:
“Centaur Media plc (LSE: CAU, “Centaur”) notes the announcement yesterday by Geoffrey Wilmot that he has had preliminary discussions with prospective financial providers in relation to a potential offer for Centaur.
The Board of Centaur (the “Board”) confirms that to date no discussions have taken place between the Company and Geoffrey Wilmot concerning a potential offer.”
- Centaur Media plc – full year results Posted on September 12, 2013
- Centaur – Profits to miss forecast – Executives out Posted on May 16, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – half year results for the six months ended 31 December 2012 Posted on February 22, 2013
- Centaur Media PLC – half year trading update Posted on January 11, 2013
- Centaur Media year-end trading statement Posted on July 17, 2012
- A Fusion Deal: Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Profile Group Posted on February 21, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Investment Platforms for up to £6.3M Posted on September 6, 2011
- Centaur Media plc reports profits at top end of expectations Posted on July 15, 2011
- Centaur Media plc to be restructured and to sell off some titles Posted on June 30, 2011
- Centaur Media PLC – Interim Management Statement Posted on May 12, 2011
- Centaur Media acquires The Forum for Expatriate Management for up to £6.75M April 7, 2011
- Centaur Media has acquired for Taxbriefs £1.9 million Posted on June 2, 2010