Centaur is paying up to £3.35 million for Oystercatchers, with £2.2 million payable on completion. The deferred consideration is contingent on results, including EBITDA for the 12 month period ending on 31 March 2017. All consideration is payable 75% in cash, 25% in Centaur shares with a two-year lock-in period on the shares. Completion is targeted for 1 October 2016.
Oystercatchers’ founders of Suki Thompson and Peter Cowie, and senior management team will remain with the business and Suki Thompson will join the Centaur Executive Committee.
Oystercatchers’ turnover has grown from £1.1million in the year to 31 March 2012 to £3.4million in the year to 31 March 2016. In the year to 31 March 2016, Oystercatchers made a profit before tax of £0.6m and had gross assets of £1.1m as at that date.
Andria Vidler, CEO of Centaur Media commented, “This acquisition is a win-win for our businesses. The combination will enable Centaur to become the “go to” provider for brands seeking to drive its marketing performance. This kind of specialist acquisition is a good example of how Centaur will seek to accelerate its presence in its chosen market sectors. ”
- Centaur Media plc – Proposed disposal of Perfect Information for £26m and proposed early settlement of Econsultancy earn-out Posted on May 22, 2014
- A Fusion Deal: Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- Centaur Media plc publishes its interim results for the six months ended 31 December 2013 Posted on February 20, 2014
- Wilmot abandons plans to make an offer for Centaur Posted on October 22, 2013
- Former Centaur Media chief executive Geoff Wilmot to make a bid for the company Posted on September 25, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – full year results Posted on September 12, 2013
- Centaur – Profits to miss forecast – Executives out Posted on May 16, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – half year results for the six months ended 31 December 2012 Posted on February 22, 2013
- Centaur Media PLC – half year trading update Posted on January 11, 2013
- Centaur Media year-end trading statement Posted on July 17, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Profile Group Posted on February 21, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Investment Platforms for up to £6.3M Posted on September 6, 2011
- Centaur Media plc reports profits at top end of expectations Posted on July 15, 2011
- Centaur Media plc to be restructured and to sell off some titles Posted on June 30, 2011
- Centaur Media PLC – Interim Management Statement Posted on May 12, 2011
- Centaur Media acquires The Forum for Expatriate Management for up to £6.75M April 7, 2011
- Centaur Media has acquired for Taxbriefs £1.9 million Posted on June 2, 2010