Astrid will continue to work as is for the next 90 days, but will no longer be taking new premium subscriptions. In the announcement on the Astrid blog, Astrid founder and CEO Jon Paris said that Yahoo! will be administering refunds to eligible users who have paid for annual subscriptions, Power-Pack and Locale Plugins.
Astrid had raised $400K in seed finding in April 2012 from Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, Jack Herrick and TMT Ventures.
In March Yahoo acquired mobile news aggregator Summly for around $30 million.
USA, Sunnydale, CA & San Francisco, CA
- Yahoo acquires Summly for $30 million Posted on March 25, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires mobile app creator Alike February 13, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires snip.it Posted on January 24, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires video chat company OnTheAir Posted on December 10, 2012
- Yahoo! to acquire interclick Posted on November 7, 2011
- Yahoo! for sale? Posted on September 19, 2011
- Yahoo! to acquire 5to1 Holding Corp Posted on May 29, 2011
- YouTube founders acquire Delicious From Yahoo! Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo! acquires IntoNow Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo in talks to sell its share of Yahoo Japan for $8 billion Posted on March 2, 2011
- Yahoo! to sell Delicious Posted on December 18, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- Yahoo! buys Koprol Posted on May 25, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Associated Content Posted on May 19, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Citizen Sports Posted on March 17, 2010
- Monster Worldwide acquires the assets of Yahoo! HotJobs for $225 million Posted on February 4, 2010
- The Yahoo!/Maktoob acquisition deal has officially closed Posted on November 12, 2009