Launched in January 2011, IntoNow has built a platform and companion TV application based on real time indexing of television that deepens the connections between audiences, television content and advertisers. IntoNow has indexed more than five years of US based television programming, creating a rich database to build video discovery and programming experiences. IntoNow is able to identify content down to the airing, episode and time within the program as well as provide program information and links associated with it, all within a matter of seconds.
“Relying on social channels as a means for discovering content – whether it’s on a PC, mobile device, or TV – is rapidly on the rise. IntoNow’s technology combines the ability to check-in to what a consumer is watching, engage in conversations, and find related content,” said Bill Shaughnessy, SVP of Global Product Management at Yahoo!. “The IntoNow application the team has built clearly demonstrates the opportunities the technology presents across Yahoo!’s network, especially in regards to our video content, search, mobile and Connected TV experiences. We are excited to have the IntoNow team join Yahoo! as we continue to build out these experiences.”
The addition of IntoNow will enable Yahoo! to provide enhanced media experiences and video programming, bolstering its social engagement across the Yahoo! network and on all screens. IntoNow users are able to easily engage with friends around the shows they enjoy most. IntoNow helps people discover new shows, discuss favorites with friends and learn more about them, and provides recommendations for what is currently airing based on their interests and those they are connected to. The application is also integrated with Facebook, Twitter, iTunes and Netflix to enable more sharing and information gathering.
USA, Sunnyvale, CA
- Yahoo in talks to sell its share of Yahoo Japan for $8 billion Posted on March 2, 2011
- Yahoo! to sell Delicious Posted on December 18, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- Yahoo! buys Koprol Posted on May 25, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Associated Content Posted on May 19, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Citizen Sports Posted on March 17, 2010
- Monster Worldwide acquires the assets of Yahoo! HotJobs for $225 million Posted on February 4, 2010
- The Yahoo!/Maktoob acquisition deal has officially closed Posted on November 12, 2009