Yahoo! is to acquire interclick. Yahoo! will acquire data targeting capabilities, optimisation technologies and new premium supply, as well as a team experienced in selling audiences across disparate sources of pooled supply. Under the terms of the agreement, Yahoo! will commence an all cash tender offer for all outstanding shares of common stock of interclick at $9.00 per share. The transaction has an estimated total equity value of approximately $270 million. The companies expect the tender offer to close by early 2012.
interclick, headquartered in New York, was founded in 2006 and became a NASDAQ-listed company in 2009. Powered by OSM, interclick offers proprietary data-valuation capabilities combining analytical expertise and media fulfilment to help marketers navigate the complex data ecosystem to drive successful online display and video campaigns. OSM is a powerful solution which aggregates and organises billions of data points from 3rd party providers – delivering actionable consumer insights, scalable audiences and the most effective campaign execution.
“This investment underscores our focus on enhancing the performance of both our guaranteed and non-guaranteed display business across Yahoo and our partner sites and, combined with Yahoo!’s reach and advertising leadership, will deliver a powerful solution for marketers,” said Ross Levinsohn, EVP, Americas region. “interclick’s innovative platform will allow Yahoo! to expand its targeting and data capabilities to deliver campaigns with stronger performance metrics.”
“We believe that this is a great outcome for our shareholders,” said Michael Brauser, interclick Co-Chairman of the Board. “Michael Katz and his team have done a tremendous job over the past few years and I’m proud to have helped make this outcome a reality.”
GCA Savvian Advisors, LLC acted as the lead financial advisor to interclick in connection with the transaction.
USA, Sunnydale, CA & New York, NY
- Yahoo! for sale? Posted on September 19, 2011
- Yahoo! to acquire 5to1 Holding Corp Posted on May 29, 2011
- YouTube founders acquire Delicious From Yahoo! Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo! acquires IntoNow Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo in talks to sell its share of Yahoo Japan for $8 billion Posted on March 2, 2011
- Yahoo! to sell Delicious Posted on December 18, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- Yahoo! buys Koprol Posted on May 25, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Associated Content Posted on May 19, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Citizen Sports Posted on March 17, 2010
- Monster Worldwide acquires the assets of Yahoo! HotJobs for $225 million Posted on February 4, 2010
- The Yahoo!/Maktoob acquisition deal has officially closed Posted on November 12, 2009
You must be logged in to post a comment.