In a post on its blog, messaging service Meebo has announced that it is being acquired by Google. Meebo is a social platform connecting users with other users through the internet. Their flagship product is the MeeboBar.
Signed by the Meebo team, the blog post say, “For more than seven years we’ve been helping publishers find deeper relationships with their users and to make their sites more social and engaging. Together with Google, we’re super jazzed to roll up our sleeves and get cracking on even bigger and better ways to help users and website owners alike. We’ve had a blast building Meebo so far and we’re really excited to start the next leg of our journey.
The terms and structure of the deal are not yet known. Last month All Things D gave Meebo a price tag of around $100M.
USA, Mountain View, CA
- Meebo has acquired ad targeting company Mindset Media Posted on February 9, 2011
- Google acquires Quiksee Posted on September 15, 2010
- Google acquires SocialDeck September 1, 2010
- Google in the final stages of acquiring Like.com Posted on August 19, 2010
- Google acquires social technology company Slide Posted on August 13, 2010
- Google to buy ITA Software for $700 million Posted on July 2, 2010
- Google to make cash offer to acquire Global IP Solutions Posted on May 10, 2010
- Google acquires Labpixies Posted on April 30, 2010
- Online photo editor Picnik Acquired by Google Posted on March 9, 2010
- Google has acquired DocVerse Posted on March 6, 2010
- Social search engine Aardvark has been acquired by Google Posted on February 14, 2010
- Google is acquiring AppJet, the small startup that builds the popular collaboration tool EtherPad Posted on December 4, 2009