Reported in Israeli newspaper website Haaretz and confirmed on the Quiksee website, Quicksee has been acquired by Google. Haaretz estimates the deal at $10 million. Quiksee allows users to create location-based interactive media content.
The Quiksee announcement
We are delighted to announce that Quiksee has been acquired by Google! We’ve learned a lot from our previous work at Quiksee, and we look forward to bringing our experience, creativity and insight to Google. Both Google and Quiksee share the same innovative vision, and while we can’t share any future product plans, we look forward to the opportunity to contribute and do great things together in the future. We’ll be joining the Google Geo team and hope to have news for you soon. Stay tuned!
In April DigiNet reported that Google acquired Israeli startup LabPixies in April for between $15 and $25 million.
Israel, Or Yehuda & USA, Mountain View, CA
- Google acquires SocialDeck September 1, 2010
- Google in the final stages of acquiring Like.com Posted on August 19, 2010
- Google acquires social technology company Slide Posted on August 13, 2010
- Google to buy ITA Software for $700 million Posted on July 2, 2010
- Google to make cash offer to acquire Global IP Solutions Posted on May 10, 2010
- Google acquires Labpixies Posted on April 30, 2010
- Online photo editor Picnik Acquired by Google Posted on March 9, 2010
- Google has acquired DocVerse Posted on March 6, 2010
- Social search engine Aardvark has been acquired by Google Posted on February 14, 2010
- Google is acquiring AppJet, the small startup that builds the popular collaboration tool EtherPad Posted on December 4, 2009