Google has acquired SocialDeck.
SocialDeck is a company that develops social-based mobile games. The company was founded in 2008 and has launched several titles for the iPhone, Facebook, and BlackBerry using its social gaming platform technology, which enables simultaneous game play across multiple mobile devices and social networks. SocialDeck raised its first financing round from the BlackBerry Partners Fund in March 2009. The company’s core team splits its time between Toronto and San Francisco.
The announcement on the SocualDeck website reads:
SocialDeck is joining Google!
Big news! We’re super excited to announce that someone found our social games as fun as you have — in this case, that “someone” is Google. SocialDeck has been acquired and we’ve joined the Google team.
We started this company with the goal of connecting friends through social games on all kinds of exciting mobile devices. We’ve been amazed and humbled by all the stories and experiences our customers (you!) have shared with us.
Thank you for all your support and for being part of SocialDeck’s success so far.
– The SocialDeck Team
Location: USA, San Francisco, CA & Mountain View, CA
- Google in the final stages of acquiring Like.com Posted on August 19, 2010
- Google acquires social technology company Slide Posted on August 13, 2010
- Google to buy ITA Software for $700 million Posted on July 2, 2010
- Google to make cash offer to acquire Global IP Solutions Posted on May 10, 2010
- Google acquires Labpixies Posted on April 30, 2010
- Online photo editor Picnik Acquired by Google Posted on March 9, 2010
- Google has acquired DocVerse Posted on March 6, 2010
- Social search engine Aardvark has been acquired by Google Posted on February 14, 2010
- Google is acquiring AppJet, the small startup that builds the popular collaboration tool EtherPad Posted on December 4, 2009