Quote from the Google Blog, “Slide has already created compelling social experiences for tens of millions of people across many platforms, and we’ve already built strong social elements into products like Gmail, Docs, Blogger, Picasa and YouTube. As the Slide team joins Google, we’ll be investing even more to make Google services socially aware and expand these capabilities for our users across the web.While we don’t have any detailed product plans to share right now, we’re thrilled to welcome Max (Slide was founded by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin) and his very talented team to Google, and we can’t wait to work together to give people more and better tools to communicate and connect.
According to Reuters, Google paid $182 million for Slide, along with $46 million in employee retention bonuses. Slide has around 120 employees. Google did not disclose financial terms.
Location: USA, San Francisco, CA & Mountain View, CA
- Google to buy ITA Software for $700 million Posted on July 2, 2010
- Google to make cash offer to acquire Global IP Solutions Posted on May 10, 2010
- Google acquires Labpixies Posted on April 30, 2010
- Online photo editor Picnik Acquired by Google Posted on March 9, 2010
- Google has acquired DocVerse Posted on March 6, 2010
- Social search engine Aardvark has been acquired by Google Posted on February 14, 2010
- Google is acquiring AppJet, the small startup that builds the popular collaboration tool EtherPad Posted on December 4, 2009