Yahoo! has acquired Alike, a mobile app that helps people find nearby restaurants and places they’ll like. Alike makes money through affiliate partnerships with third-party providers that aggregate deals for local venues.
Here is how Alike announced the acquisition.
At Alike, we’ve spent the last couple of years working hard to build amazing mobile experiences to delight our customers, which is why we’re thrilled to announce some big news: we’re joining Yahoo! Mobile.
We’ve always been passionate about the growing power of intelligent mobile experiences. We believe that distilled information, deeply personalized and made accessible anytime and anywhere, is what makes mobile experiences a part of our customers’ daily lives.
In Yahoo! we’ve found a team as excited about this vision as we are, and who are serious about making it real. We’re super excited to join Yahoo!’s mobile team, where we can march toward that vision faster than ever.
As of today, we will no longer support the Alike Nearby iPhone and Web apps. Thank you to all our customers, partners, investors, and advisors who’ve supported us from day one! We’ve taken a big step on our journey, and we could not have done it without your support.
Looking forward to starting our new chapter at Yahoo!
USA, Sunnydale, CA
- Yahoo! acquires snip.it Posted on January 24, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires video chat company OnTheAir Posted on December 10, 2012
- Yahoo! to acquire interclick Posted on November 7, 2011
- Yahoo! for sale? Posted on September 19, 2011
- Yahoo! to acquire 5to1 Holding Corp Posted on May 29, 2011
- YouTube founders acquire Delicious From Yahoo! Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo! acquires IntoNow Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo in talks to sell its share of Yahoo Japan for $8 billion Posted on March 2, 2011
- Yahoo! to sell Delicious Posted on December 18, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- Yahoo! buys Koprol Posted on May 25, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Associated Content Posted on May 19, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Citizen Sports Posted on March 17, 2010
- Monster Worldwide acquires the assets of Yahoo! HotJobs for $225 million Posted on February 4, 2010
- The Yahoo!/Maktoob acquisition deal has officially closed Posted on November 12, 2009
You must be logged in to post a comment.