Founded in 2011 by brothers Tony and Dan Porter, TrailerFarm’s team of 12 creative produce trailers for both mobile and console/PC games for use in game launches and ongoing promotional events. In 2018 Keywords acquired Fire Without Smoke which also provides marketing services and produces trailers.
In the year ending 30 June 2018, TrailerFarm posted revenues of £1 million and adjusted EBITDA of £165K. Keywords is paying a total consideration of up to £2 million. The initial consideration of £1 million is made up of £790k in cash and 11,070 new ordinary shares in Keywords, which are to be issued to the sellers on the first anniversary of the acquisition. The remaining consideration of up to £1m is payable in cash, subject to the increase in profit before tax of TrailerFarm over the 12 month period post acquisition.
Andrew Day, CEO of Keywords Studios commented, “I’m delighted to welcome Scott and his team into the Keywords family. As games become ever more immersive, sound design quality is getting ever closer to that of movies. Our new Sound Lab studio, created around Scott and his team, will be integrated within the Keywords Audio Services Line and will benefit accordingly from our global network of studios and our extensive video game client base around the world.
Ireland, Dublin & UK, Brighton
- Keywords Studios acquires Studio Gobo and Electric Square Posted on August 29, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires AI and machine learning firm Yokozuna Data Posted on July 23, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Snowed In Studios for $4M (CAD) Posted on July 20, 2018
- Keywords acquires Blindlight for up to $10M Posted on June 11, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Fire Without Smoke Posted on May 30, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires games developer Sperasoft Posted on December 13, 2017
- Keywords acquires La Marque Rose, Asrec, Dune Sound and Around the Word – all in Paris Posted on August 4, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Spov Posted on February 20, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Enzyme Testing Labs Posted on November 17, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Player Research Ltd Posted on October 26, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Synthesis for up to €18m Posted on April 13, 2016
- Keywords Studios – early completion of Binari Sonori earn out Posted on January 20, 2015
- Keywords Studios acquires Lakshya Digital in India Posted on October 10, 2014
- Keywords acquires Binari Sonori in Italy Posted on May 9, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Babel Media Posted on February 18, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Liquid Violet Posted on January 19, 2014