Keywords Studios, the international technical services provider to the global video games industry, has acquired Blindlight LLC for a consideration of up to $10m, from the founder, Lev Chapelsky.
Blindlight achieved EBITDA of an average of $1m per annum over the three-year period to 31 December 2017. Under the terms of the acquisition Keywords is paying an initial $3.64m in cash and will issue 64,521 new ordinary shares in Keywords to the seller on the first anniversary of the acquisition which will then be subject to orderly market provisions for a further 12 months. Deferred consideration of up to $4.8m will be payable to the seller in cash depending on the performance of the business in the 12-month periods to the first and second anniversaries of the acquisition.
Founded in 2001 and based in Hollywood, California, Blindlight enjoys a leading position in the provision of Hollywood production services for the video games industry. The company works on behalf of game publishers and developers in procuring specialised talent and managing the entire production processes for the parts of games that benefit from Hollywood production resources. Blindlight’s service disciplines include voiceover production, celebrity acquisition and rights management, game writing, music, sound design and motion capture.
Andrew Day, CEO of Keywords Studios, said, “Keywords and Blindlight have got to know each other well over the past three years and we see good opportunities to leverage both businesses to offer a wider range of world leading services to our clients. We are delighted to welcome Lev and the rest of the team to the Keywords family. Following our recent acquisition of music services companies, Cord Worldwide and Laced, we see excellent opportunities for Blindlight to bring these services to Los Angeles, as well as providing access to further opportunities for our downstream production services of translation and localised voice over.”
Ireland, Dublin & USA, West Hollywood, CA
- Keywords Studios acquires Fire Without Smoke Posted on May 30, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires games developer Sperasoft Posted on December 13, 2017
- Keywords acquires La Marque Rose, Asrec, Dune Sound and Around the Word – all in Paris Posted on August 4, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Spov Posted on February 20, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Enzyme Testing Labs Posted on November 17, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Player Research Ltd Posted on October 26, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Synthesis for up to €18m Posted on April 13, 2016
- Keywords Studios – early completion of Binari Sonori earn out Posted on January 20, 2015
- Keywords Studios acquires Lakshya Digital in India Posted on October 10, 2014
- Keywords acquires Binari Sonori in Italy Posted on May 9, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Babel Media Posted on February 18, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Liquid Violet Posted on January 19, 2014
You must be logged in to post a comment.