Keywords Studios has acquired Player Research Ltd for £1.3 million. Based in Brighton, UK, Player Research provides consulting and user testing from its esting laboratory to mobile, console and VR game developers throughout the world, helping them to attract, retain and monetise players.
Player Research was founded in 2012 by Graham McAllister and employs a number of PhDs and MScs at its research laboratory in Brighton, with expertise in fields such as Human-Computer Interaction, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Experimental Psychology, Human Factors and Cognitive Psychology.
Keywords is paying an initial consideration of £700,000 in cash, plus 65,280 new ordinary shares in Keywords, which will be subject to a two-year lock in period. A further cash payment of up to £300,000 may be payable subject to Player Research achieving certain targets within two years of the acquisition.
Giacomo Duranti, Chief Operating Officer, commented: “Keywords and Player Research have been exploring opportunities together over the past 3 years. As both companies have expanded their services to multiple points along the games lifecycle the fit between us has become increasingly apparent. We believe that by integrating Player Research within the Group, and rolling out its services into our existing studios to provide reach into all major gaming regions, we will be able to leverage the intellectual capital, talent pool and execution capability of both organisations to significantly enhance the value we are able to bring to our clients.”
Ireland, Dublin & UK, Brighton
- Keywords Studios acquires Synthesis for up to €18m Posted on April 13, 2016
- Keywords Studios – early completion of Binari Sonori earn out Posted on January 20, 2015
- Keywords Studios acquires Lakshya Digital in India October 10, 2014
- Keywords acquires Binari Sonori in Italy May 9, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Babel Media February 18, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Liquid Violet Posted on January 19, 2014