ITV plc has acquired Boom Supervisory Limited, the holding company of the Twofour Group, as ITV continues to strengthen its global content business.
Twofour is a fast growing group of companies that produced over 1,200 hours of programming in 2014. The group’s production labels, based in the UK and US, include Twofour, Twofour America, Boomerang, Oxford Scientific Films, Indus, Boom Cymru and the scripted producer Delightful Industries. The group has produced hit shows including Educating Yorkshire, The Jump, Posh Pawn, The Hotel Inspector and Animal Odd Couples.
Twofour also owns 51% of drama indie Mainstreet Pictures, and has a distribution business, Twofour Rights, which owns a diverse catalogue of over 550 hours of finished programming and formats.
ITV, which acquires Twofour from majority shareholder LDC, the private equity arm of Lloyds Banking Group, will pay an initial cash consideration of £55 million for 75% of the Group. There is a put and call option for the remaining 25% that can be exercised at the end of 2017 and between the end of 2019 and 2021, with any further payment subject to minimum average EBITA thresholds. Twofour delivered £5 million EBITDA in 2014.
Additionally, Twofour has a put and call option to acquire the remaining 49% of its subsidiary Mainstreet that can be exercised between 2018 and 2023.
The total maximum consideration for Twofour and the remaining 49% of Mainstreet is £280 million with contingent payments dependent on both businesses delivering exceptional profit growth to £60 million in aggregate over the payment period.
Kevin Lygo, Managing Director ITV Studios said: “Great creative talent, fantastic content and brilliant production expertise are central to ITV Studios’ strategy, so I’m delighted that the Twofour Group is joining our family of production companies as we continue to boost ITV Studios’ growth in the UK and internationally.”
- ITV acquires The Voice creator Talpa Media March 12, 2015
- WPP and ITV invest in digital content studio Indigenous Media September 16, 2014
- ITV acquires Leftfield Entertainment Group Posted on May 7, 2014
- ITV acquires a controlling stake in DiGa Vision Posted on February 19, 2014
- ITV plc – half year results Posted on July 30, 2013
- ITV acquires Big Talk Posted on July 30, 2013
- ITV acquires US TV production company Thinkfactory Media Posted on June 19, 2013
- ITV acquires The Garden Posted on April 22, 2013
- ITV plc final results for the year ending December 31, 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- ITV acquires Finish Indie Tarinatalo Posted on October 16, 2012
- ITV plc sells Screenvision assets to Shamrock Capital for US $80m Posted on October 11, 2010
- ITV plc secures full ownership of GMTV Posted on November 26, 2009