ITV plc is acquiring a controlling stake in Thinkfactory Media, a US producer of reality, entertainment and drama, including the Emmy award-winning Hatfields & McCoys. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded by Emmy-nominated Producer, Leslie Greif. Think Factory Media produces programming in most genres for television including: features, unscripted series, documentaries, mini-series, branded entertainment projects, concerts, music specials and various movies of the week.
ITV will pay an upfront cash consideration of $30m for a 65% stake in Thinkfactory Media, with a put and call option to buy theremaining 35% of the company. The put and call option could be exercised from between 3 years after the initial deal and at the end of year 5 with the total amount paid linked to the performance of the company over that period. ITV says that the multiple paid is similar to the range paid on their previous acquisitions.
UK, London & USA, Losa Angeles, CA
- ITV acquires The Garden Posted on April 22, 2013
- ITV plc final results for the year ending December 31, 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- ITV acquires Finish Indie Tarinatalo Posted on October 16, 2012
- ITV plc sells Screenvision assets to Shamrock Capital for US $80m Posted on October 11, 2010
- ITV plc secures full ownership of GMTV Posted on November 26, 2009
You must be logged in to post a comment.