ITV plc today has acquired a controlling stake in DiGa Vision, the New York based independent producer of reality and scripted programming including Teen Wolf.
ITV will make an upfront cash payment for a 51% stake in DiGa Vision with a put and call option to buy the remainder of the company. The put and call option could be exercised from between 3 and 6 years, with the total amount paid linked to the performance of the company over that period. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. The company said that the multiple paid is similar to the range paid on ITV’s previous acquisitions.
The acquisition follows ITV’s acquisition in the last 18 months of Gurney Productions, High Noon Entertainment and Thinkfactory Media in the US as well as UK producers The Garden and Big Talk.
UK, London &USA, New York
- ITV plc – half year results Posted on July 30, 2013
- ITV acquires Big Talk Posted on July 30, 2013
- ITV acquires US TV production company Thinkfactory Media Posted on June 19, 2013
- ITV acquires The Garden Posted on April 22, 2013
- ITV plc final results for the year ending December 31, 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- ITV acquires Finish Indie Tarinatalo Posted on October 16, 2012
- ITV plc sells Screenvision assets to Shamrock Capital for US $80m Posted on October 11, 2010
- ITV plc secures full ownership of GMTV Posted on November 26, 2009
You must be logged in to post a comment.