Nielsen Holdings N.V., a global provider of information and insights into what consumers watch and buy, has completed the tender offer by Nielsen and its wholly owned subsidiary, Prime Acquisition Corp., to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of Harris Interactive, Inc., a global market research firm. Nielsen completed the acquisition of Harris through a merger under Delaware law.
Harris Interactive will be integrated into Nielsen’s Buy business segment, which provides information and insights to manufacturers and retailers that helps them make more informed and impactful business decisions. Nielsen will retain The Harris Poll® brand.
“Harris Interactive is a natural fit with Nielsen’s portfolio of solutions, as the organization shares Nielsen’s commitment to deliver robust and integrated insights to clients to drive business outcomes,” said John J. Lewis, President, Americas, Nielsen. “This acquisition enables deeper insights into consumer sentiment as well as what consumers are, watching and buying while also expanding our footprint with important industry verticals including pharmaceutical, automotive and financial services.”
USA, New York, NY & Rochester, NY
- Nielsen completes the acquisition of Arbitron Posted on October 1, 2013
- Canadian PE acquires Nielsen’s exhibition unit Posted on May 9, 2013
- Nielsen to acquire Arbitron Posted on December 18, 2012
- Nielsen, NM Incite acquires SocialGuide Posted on November 16, 2012
- Demand for media IPOs growing – Demand Media and Nielsen shares soar above their IPO prices Posted on January 27, 2011
- The Nielsen Company announces the pricing of Its Initial Public Offering Posted on January 26, 2011
- Nielsen plans to raise $2.01 billion through its IPO, up from previously reported $1.75M Posted on August 19, 2010
- Nielsen plans to raise $1.75 billion through an IPO Posted on June 3, 2010
- The Nielsen Company Acquires Video Technology Leader GlanceGuide Posted on June 3, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.