Nielsen Holdings N.V., a provider of information and insights into what consumers watch and buy, has completed its acquisition of Arbitron Inc., an international media and marketing research firm.
“This is a great day for Nielsen and a natural step in our evolution,” said Nielsen Chief Executive Officer David Calhoun. “Arbitron will allow us to analyze and understand an additional two hours of the U.S. consumer’s day while bringing us another opportunity to provide advertisers with metrics on the effectiveness of the mediums that they advertise on.”
Arbitron is being rebranded Nielsen Audio and will be integrated into Nielsen’s U.S. Watch business segment, which provides information and insights primarily to the media and advertising industries across television, online, mobile and radio. With Arbitron, Nielsen now measures eight hours a day per person of dynamic media consumption.
“Our combined capabilities offer opportunities to measure unmeasured areas that are important to the industries and clients we serve, like streaming audio, out-of-home measurements for television consumption and deeper measurement of multicultural audiences in the U.S.,” said Calhoun. “Globally, this is an opportunity to expand our measurement of consumer behavior and introduce audio measurement capabilities in new markets.”
As previously reported on Fusion DigiNet, Nielsen entered into an agreement on December 17, 2012 to acquire all of the outstanding common stock of Arbitron for $48 per share or a total of $1.3 billion purchase price, funded by cash on hand and recent debt financing. Nielsen expects $0.26 of accretion to adjusted net income per share during the first full year of operations, and $0.32 of accretion to adjusted net income per share during the second year, reflecting an incremental $0.06 in year two.
USA, New York. NY
- Canadian PE acquires Nielsen’s exhibition unit Posted on May 9, 2013
- Nielsen to acquire Arbitron Posted on December 18, 2012
- Nielsen, NM Incite acquires SocialGuide Posted on November 16, 2012
- Demand for media IPOs growing – Demand Media and Nielsen shares soar above their IPO prices Posted on January 27, 2011
- The Nielsen Company announces the pricing of Its Initial Public Offering Posted on January 26, 2011
- Nielsen plans to raise $2.01 billion through its IPO, up from previously reported $1.75M Posted on August 19, 2010
- Nielsen plans to raise $1.75 billion through an IPO Posted on June 3, 2010
- The Nielsen Company Acquires Video Technology Leader GlanceGuide Posted on June 3, 2010