Nielsen’s shares rose 8.7 percent from its initial public offering price, and Demand Media’s shares rose 33.2 percent.
Nielsen’s IPO, the biggest of the two, is the first of what is expected to be a rush of big private equity-backed IPOs in 2011. Nielsen raised $1.6 billion on Tuesday, nearly a tenth more than expected.
Read the full story here
USA, New York, NY & Santa Monica, CA
- The Nielsen Company announces the pricing of Its Initial Public Offering Posted on January 26, 2011
- Nielsen plans to raise $2.01 billion through its IPO, up from previously reported $1.75M Posted on August 19, 2010
- Nielsen plans to raise $1.75 billion through an IPO Posted on June 3, 2010
- The Nielsen Company Acquires Video Technology Leader GlanceGuide Posted on June 3, 2010
- Rentrak to acquire Nielsen EDI Posted on December 15, 2009
- e5 Global Media to acquire 8 Nielsen media brands Posted on December 10, 2009
- Demand Media IPO – Details Posted on August 13, 2010
- Demand Media hires Goldman Sachs to explore IPO offering April 16, 2010
- Skype IPO – details Posted on August 13, 2010