PlayerScale was founded in 2009 and is based in Belmont, California. It develops infrastructure software for various gaming platforms across the social and mobile space. PlayerScale has 100 million users with 4000 titles from over 2,600 developers worldwide.
Other recent Yahoo acquisitions include Astrid, a task-management app maker;Summly, a news-condenser app maker; Stamped, a mobile-review app maker; OnTheAir, which specializes in broadcasting video chats or interviews to online audiences; Snip.it, which is a kind of clipping service for the web; Propeld, a location-based apps maker; Jybe, a social recommendation site and Loki Studios, a mobile gaming start-up.
The acquisitions are part of a strategy to broaden and strengthen Yahoo!’s expertise in the mobile segment as adoption of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets continue to accelerate.
USA, Sunnyvale, CA & Belmont, CA
- Yahoo! to Acquire Tumblr for $1.1BN – promises not to screw it up May 22, 2013
- Yahoo acquires to-do app Astrid Posted on May 3, 2013
- Yahoo acquires Summly for $30 million Posted on March 25, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires mobile app creator Alike February 13, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires snip.it Posted on January 24, 2013
- Yahoo! acquires video chat company OnTheAir Posted on December 10, 2012
- Yahoo! to acquire interclick Posted on November 7, 2011
- Yahoo! for sale? Posted on September 19, 2011
- Yahoo! to acquire 5to1 Holding Corp Posted on May 29, 2011
- YouTube founders acquire Delicious From Yahoo! Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo! acquires IntoNow Posted on April 29, 2011
- Yahoo in talks to sell its share of Yahoo Japan for $8 billion Posted on March 2, 2011
- Yahoo! to sell Delicious Posted on December 18, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- Yahoo! buys Koprol Posted on May 25, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Associated Content Posted on May 19, 2010
- Yahoo! to acquire Citizen Sports Posted on March 17, 2010
- Monster Worldwide acquires the assets of Yahoo! HotJobs for $225 million Posted on February 4, 2010
- The Yahoo!/Maktoob acquisition deal has officially closed Posted on November 12, 2009