Media and digital communications group Aegis Group plc has acquired the Hungarian Out-of-Home agency PPI Central Europe Ltd (“PPI”). PPI will be rebranded to become part of the Posterscope EMEA division of Posterscope Worldwide. The value of the gross assets of PPI at the end of 2011 was €1 million. The acquisition follows a long working relationship between Aegis Hungary and PPI.
Established in Budapest in 2001 PPI is a leader in the Hungarian outdoor specialist market serving a strong list of domestic and international clients. Its expertise lies in using the latest technology for enhanced capability in campaign planning, site selection, buying and campaign appraisal to deliver distinct competitive advantage in the central European Out-of-Home market.
Commenting on the acquisition Annie Rickard, Global CEO, Posterscope says: “We extend a very warm welcome to PPI and are excited to be bringing Posterscope to Hungary where Out-of-Home plays a central role in advertising. PPI’s innovative methods and extensive experience, knowledge and professionalism are driven by an accomplished management team. The new operation will add further strength to our comprehensive European network and bring new client opportunities into play by opening up central Europe.”
UK, London & Hungary, Budapest
- Aegis Group to acquire Beijing eLink Advertising Co. Posted on March 5, 2012
- Aegis acquires US digital agency, Roundarch, for initial consideration of $125m Posted on February 22, 2012
- Isobar Acquires Digital Agency The Upper Storey Posted on January 31, 2012
- Aegis Media’s iProspect acquires ICUC to support growing social media offerings Posted on June 10, 2011
- Aegis Group acquires Qualitè Search Marketing Posted on May 13, 2011
- Proposed acquisition of Mitchell Communication Group by Aegis Group plc Posted on August 29, 2010
- Morningstar Australasia acquires Aegis Equities Research Posted on April 2, 2010